We’re having another workshop this year, to turn the population of North County San Diego into awesome seed-starting gardeners! This workshop is for Fallbrook Garden Club members. If you’re not a member, it’s easy and inexpensive to sign up, and there are a LOT of benefits, including gardening-related discounts all over North County. If you’re interested, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s more info on the workshop below.
In addition to that, I’m planning on focusing on growing tomatoes as we’ve had several requests about that. I’ll cover:
- Tomato varieties and terms (determinate, dwarf, indeterminate and heirloom, hybrid and open-pollinated)
- Starting tomatoes from seed
- Tricks for transplanting tomatoes for maximum yield
- Growing tomatoes in containers
- Supporting tomatoes as they grow, including lower-and-lean and other approaches
- To pinch or not to pinch the suckers on tomatoes
We look forward to seeing you there!